Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas is over - the New Year is approaching!

Christmas was an amazing event this year! It was more relaxed even though we had the same amount of families to visit. It was definately one to remember! Chad was definately surprised by his new Toshiba Tablet which came in an EXTREMELY large box just to throw him off. He surprised me with a beautiful heart shaped diamond necklace and a new Nook Tablet! It was great to see everyone and spend some quality family time together.
We began on Christmas Eve with my family in the morning. We opened stockings and presents, while eating a Butterbraid. MMM..... Lori and I went to Peoria to do some last minute shopping exchanges while Dad and Chad went to Grandpa Knapp's to look at guns. Chad and I headed to Wurmnests for our immediate family gift exchange around 3:30, then to Grandma Henry's at 5:30. Grandma surprised us all by having Uncle Brad grill ribeyes for dinner. Then she gave me a fantastic gift this year. She surprised me with a photo album and box full of memories that we made at their house. She kept every card, letter, and coloring I ever made for them - all were even dated!! I still have to get through all of it but it was definately a surprise.
We went to Aupperles for Christmas morning brunch followed by Wurmnests for the Knapp Family Christmas that evening! It was quite an enjoyable time with all!
We were exhausted the next few days but we just keep on going. We are heading to Biaggi's tonight with Chad's family for the Roth Cousin dinner. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve which came so quick! Seems like we were just beginning 2011!!! Tomorrow I will wrap up thoughts from the past year and begin again in the new year 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment