Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Playing it smart....

Chad and I had a wonderful weekend away
last weekend in Ohio. We visited my Aunt Jackie and Uncle Emmette, as well as Neal, Michelle, and Hazel. Hazel is getting so big - 14 months already?!
After a great, but short, visit we headed 4 hours north to Cleveland to see Next to Normal starring Alice Ripley. Much to our disappointment Alice called in sick for that performance. However her understudy Pearl was amazing!!!! We sat front row - center! It was one of my favorite shows I have seen in a while. I am completely obsessed and I love it!

















I also changed my hair color last week - I'm now a blonde again. At least I am getting closer to blonde. It's more golden than blonde.



This week has been another week for projects. I decided to finally paint the kitchen - a project that has been running though my head for 2 years but never officially decided on. On an impulse I finally chose my colors and began painting on Wednesday at 8:30am. Last night I quit painting at 9pm. It was a long day but a good one. I began again this morning at 9am and finished around 3:00pm. I still have some touch up to do behind our fridge. But all in all the project is done.

We also bought a new hutch - something we have been looking at for a while. It is absolutely beautiful! :) It's amazing how much one piece of furniture can add to a room.

Tomorrow's plan has been altered a bit. I was enrolled in the Principalship class at EIU every Thursday night for the next 6 weeks. I decided to withdraw from my class because I am already taking a difficult and demanding curriculum class. Along with my other projects at the house I decided to do something good for myself.... to learn how to destress and relax. It also saves me money since I will be taking it in the fall in Decatur instead of at EIU. It eliminates on campus costs, gas money to drive there, and parking fees. I decided to play it smart instead of trying to cram in as much as I can in a summer. I cram in a lot during the school year - so I need my summer to be somewhat relaxing. (but productive) :) Sooo....
Tomorrow's project is to head to IKEA and Woodfield for some supplies for my office project. I am meeting Carrie for lunch and shopping so we can spend some quality time together. I am very excited and hope I can sleep tonight. I love going to Schaumburg! I will blog about my trip on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment