Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another beautiful day in Gatlinburg

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~ Dolly Parton
Hello again from the Smoky Mountains! Chad and I are sitting on the back screened in porch of our house here enjoying the beautiful day. It's still a little warm and humid out, but such is life. Today I have no idea what is in store because we can't seem to make up our minds. LOL (I think) we will be going to the Smoky Mountain Knife Works first. Then Kyle and Chad (maybe Mike) will be going to some car museums while I plan on shopping at the outlets. I need some  "me time" to just shop and enjoy the bliss of being a consumer!
Yesterday Chad and I enjoyed the Titanic museum which was quite amazing! Then we went to downtown Gatlinburg for lunch and sightseeing. We bought a few yummy marinades, some sweet treats (including my Smoky Moutain Taffy), and other fun things. In the afternoon we all, meaning 25 of the Wurmnest reunion gang, went to the Dixie Stampeede for an early dinner and show. It was brilliant! Gotta love Miss Dolly Parton for begin so clever with her show. Then it was time to gather to mingle for the reunion. It was quite fun and I enjoyed getting to know Chad's family and some of their history.  Went to bed late again last night but didn't set an alarm - just woke up when we felt like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment