Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello from the Smoky Mountains!!!

Good Morning Ya'll! This morning when I awoke I was in a less than familiar room. Then I remembered I was in the Smoky Mountains and this was my vacation!!! Yesterday was a long, tedious day of driving, driving, and more driving!! We left the house at 4:30am and arrived at our Smoky Moutain resort home around 6:30pm (their time).While in the car Chad and I enjoyed Comedy radio, reading through Clinton Kelley's hilarious books, and just hanging out together. When we arrived yesterday we were greeted with the friendly faces of several Wurmnest relations. We ate dinner around 8:00 at the Applewood Resteraunt up the road from our house. We came back for some sleep since we hadn't really slept much the previous evening. Sleep deprived Emily is not a good thing on a family reunion.
So here I am sitting on the screened in porch on the side of the mountain in the humidity. It is definately a beautiful morning and beautiful sight!
This morning Chad and I are breaking off from the family. While they go hike in the 90-100 degree weather we are going to the air-conditioned Titanic museum. I figure now that I am "fresh off the boat' now is the time to see it. I am really excited. Tonight (or late afternoon I should say) we are all going to the Dixie Stampeede around 3:30. Yee-haw! I remember doing that when I was younger in Branson and it was a lot of fun. I will have to take tons of pictures on my new Cannon Powershot. We decided not to get the SLR camera I had been looking at but it's halfway there. It's kind of amazing!
Well more to come from the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee... time to go get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment