Saturday, October 8, 2011

Anticipating a great weekend....

You know that feeling in your stomach where you aren't sure if you ate something wrong or if you are just excited?? I have had that feeling for the past two days. Why, you may ask?? I have been super excited about my three-day weekend for Columbus Day weekend. This weekend is the break I feel I need after a long and tedious week at school. However the week was a successful one. I got my students through MAP testing which was very frustrating for them but they stayed in the game until they were finished. They also gave their best effort which made me extremely proud. Yesterday we had a SIP day where I invited our speaker, Dr. Orlando Ramos to share his story and perspective on educational systems today. It was interesting afterwards. Some people thoroughly enjoyed him while others were shaken with what he had to say. Orlando puts it out there and tells us what needs to change and that is an uncomfortable thing for some. However overall I feel people enjoyed his story and it was a successful SIP day.
Today (Saturday) I am heading to Schaumburg with Natalie Dale. We are meeting up with my wonderful roommate from college, Carrie. The three of us will be power shopping our way through IKEA, Marshalls, H&M, Forever 21, and the Disney Store. We will also be dining at the fabulous Cheesecake Factory. Yummmm..... Image DetailImage DetailImage Detail
Tomorrow and Monday the house is being cleaned by none other than yours truly. Laundry awaits, furniture is just begging to be dusted, things need to be put away, and baking needs to be done. Lots of chores that are hard to get to throughout the week. Sad that I am looking forward to cleaning but it is exciting when it really needs to be done and there is an extra day to do it. Ahhh the joys of growing up and having your own house. LOL I will have to update you with pictures from the trip today and maybe a few of th clean house. Part of the clean house project will be to "fung shui"  the house as well. I want to clear the house of as many knick-knacks as possible. Especially during the holiday season when there will be tons of decorations around. Until then my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment