Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend is coming to a close!

Thanksgiving weekend is coming to a close and it was a fantastic one as well!!! Thanksgiving morning was so much fun with Dad, Lori, and Grandpa Aupperle showing up at 8:15am! I made French Toast Bake and scrambled eggs for breakfast! After breakfast we sat down to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade while looking through Black Friday Ads. It was a great time to spend together! Around 10:00 we decided to prepare the turkey in my Great-Grandma Miller's roaster.  After about an hour
the smells of the turkey began invading the house! It smelled like Thanksgiving! 

Great-Grandma Miller's roaster

Dad teaching Chad how to carve the turkey!

Everyone began arriving at 3:15ish and we ate dinner at 4:00! It was a fun night with family. I learned how to play a new card game with Vicki, Diane, and Jenna called 7up! Very fun! Around 8:30 I went to bed ready to get up at midnight to go shopping on Black Friday! I stayed out shopping until around 5:00am. I had managed to get through Bergners, Target, Best Buy, and Kohl's! I slept until around 10:30 then went back out again for 2 hours.
Saturday was a day to sleep in and take Mitzi to the vet! She lost 1 pound which is great because the same morning I weighed in 2 pounds lighter! How I did that on Thanksgiving weekend I will never know?! Anyways afterwards I went shopping in Bloomington to finish up more Christmas shopping since Chad was in Indiana all day snowmobiling!
Today (Sunday) we are going back home for dinner with Chad's family to celebrate the Knapp's baptism at their house today! What a great day for all!


No comments:

Post a Comment