Friday, November 11, 2011

Where are you Christmas? Everywhere but here....

It's that time of year again... pumpkins, turkeys, and leaves are out, but so are all the Christmas trees. What?! It seems that Christmas has begun yet again before Halloween and Thanksgiving. Every store is already played Christmas tunes, many of my friends are putting up their Christmas decor, and here at the Wurmnest residence we still look like fall.
I have been in a Christmasy mood for weeks now - begging and pleading with Chad to let me decorate early. But Chad is sticking to his guns and insisting we wait until the day after Thanksgiving. So wait we will....
This hasn't stopped me from shopping early for Christmas. I have a few presents already waiting in the other room. I also have purchased a few Christmas decorations for our house this year. I don't know why but I want it to be the Christmas season RIGHT NOW!
I think I love Christmastime so much because people in general are in a better mood. (excluding black Friday shoppers). People seem to hold doors for others, smile more, etc around this time of the year. I think THAT is what I am ready for. I love the feeling Christmas brings - I know for me it is a season of hope and anticipation. That is exactly what I need this year - Hope and anticipation as we wait for a baby to adopt and bring home! :)
So I will say it loud and proud for now... Happy Thanksgiving! But in 2 weeks you can bet I will be saying MERRY CHRISTMAS with all of my might!

No comments:

Post a Comment