Sunday, July 8, 2012

And 7 months later I am back....

Hello everyone.... I know it has been almost 7 months since my last post on here but so much has happened since then. I have been blogging on our adoption blog instead because January 22nd we got a phone call that changed our lives completely. We adopted our son Jackson Clyde Wurmnest from Memphis, TN.
The plan was to blog there for a while then switch back to this blog, however as life turns out we are actually expecting another baby (this time through pregnancy) in January 2013!!! How crazy is that!? The first trimester has been a rough one with all of the extra horomones they had to give me. I have been pretty sick (nauseous, dizzy, etc). Hopefully I am almost out of the woods with that trimester though.
This morning I woke up suddenly and just laid in bed thinking of the song "This is the Day.... That the Lord has made." It was on repeat in my head. I was trying to figure out why this song was stuck in my head and realized God had put it there for a reason.Today is the day I needed to start my morning devotions again. I had let them go for so long and now it's time to spend time with God every morning - not just when I happen to think of Him!
So I opened up my devotional and it was perfect for some of the thoughts that have been going on in my head. The devotional was titled "Getting a Do-Over (part 3). The main premise of this devo was about using our God-given talents for our jobs. Following our life purpose will disappoint someone or perhaps many someones. Not following our life purpose will disappoint us and dishonor why we are here. This was the most important part for me because so often I second guess my decision to resign from teaching to be a stay-at-home mom for a few years. I know God gave me the talents in teaching but He also blessed with not one (now 2) children!! I feel that He has called me to raise them the first few formative years before heading back to work. I know many people don't understand this decision and many often challenge it, but this is what God's plan for me is. I wouldn't do it any other way!!!
What is your life purpose? Are you following it?

No comments:

Post a Comment