Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Christmas gathering ...

As most of you know, Chad and I went home for the weekend to celebrate the Waughop family Christmas with all of the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It was a great success! I made my mother-in-law's amazing recipe for scalloped pineapple and it was the hit of the party! DELICIOUS! (Thanks Diane!) I am going to make it again next week at some point.

It was so much fun to see all of the family together in one place --- doesn't happen very often now that all of the older cousins (I'm now in that group) are all grown up and married. Most of us moved away - no farther than 2 hours though.

I loved seeing the little cousins open their gifts -- so much fun! Reminds me of when we would have those traditional Christmas get togethers a week before Christmas when I was little. Hot ham and cheese sandwiches are always the main dish, along with many other yummy sides. The tree is packed and the gifts are always fun! But most importantly the time together is the best part of the holiday season!

I hope you - whoever you are - have a wonderful Christmas season with your loved ones! And remember... Jesus IS the reason for the season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment