Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A new experience I don't want to repeat...


Well yesterday I went in for my pH monitor that I had to wear for 24 hours. It wasn't the most fun thing ever... and I don't ever want to repeat it. Basically they put a small tube down my nose into my stomach to measure the pH levels to see if that is what keeps making my stomach sick. I had a little sling pack on my arm with a computer that tracked when I ate, took meds, etc. The worst part about this whole process is having the tube in my nose (it hurts) and not being able to eat many solid foods because it pulls on my tube which makes my nose REALLY hurt.


Last night was fun however, even through all of the discomfort. Chad and I went to his parents house and had dinner with them. Then we brought Culver's ice cream and watched National Treasure. It took my mind off of my nose and throat for about 3 hours.


This morning I pulled out my new book that I am reading. It is a collection of stories about martyrs who gave up their lives for Jesus. Many of these Christians were tortured for hours, days, even years before they lost their lives for their faith. Some of these Christians were as young as 8 years old.... how bold and courageous of them! I only pray that I would have the boldness to stand up for my faith as well. I would like to think I would... but facing being burnt at the stake or being thrown into a pit full of lions might make me question what I would do. I would pray that God would take my hand and I could stand boldly for him! This book made my uncomfortable 24 hours of this tube seem very insignificant. There is good news however... I get my tube out in 3 hours! YEA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment