Monday, March 22, 2010

The next best thing to saying a good thing yourself, is to quote one.

Quotes... Quotes... Quotes!
Quotes are everywhere. Some are inspirational. Some are happy. Some sad. Some are funny. Others disturbing. Quotes are found on billboards, coffee mugs, t-shirts, necklaces, journals, etc. The list goes on and on. Quotes are EVERYWHERE we look! Either way quotes are a part of history --- history in the making sometimes.

I would love to have a famous quote someday that is published on a mug or t-shirt somewhere. It would be something that would live on and perhaps inspire someone else hundreds of years down the road. But hopefully I have already left my mark on society. I hope that instead of my words, my actions are remembered. I want people to remember what I have done for them. How I have a passion for teaching my students.... how I love to dance even though it's not my strongest talent.... how I am not afraid to speak my mind... but above all my faith in Jesus Christ. That is the most important thing of all.

The other night I was inspired to watch End of the Spear. The movie is a true story about Jim Ellion and other missionaries who gave their lives to spread the gospel in the jungles of South America. I have read many books by Elizabeth Elliot (his wife) and Jim Elliot's journals through his missions. These men were so inspiring by the way they lived out their faith. I want that same legacy... to be known for living for Christ each and every day!

Here are some inspiring quotes that inspire me on a daily basis:

"Not all who wander are lost." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

The way I see it is if you want to see the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain. ~ Dolly Parton

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. - Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment