Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spreading Myself Too Thin....

My devotional is covering spreading ourselves too thin for the next week or so. This topic was actually the reason I picked this particular devotional book. So many times I feel like I am spread out too thin with all of the things I take on. But that isn't the only reason I feel like I am spread too thin.
So often there are little voices we hear in our head... now I'm not talking about literal voices, but the self-concious voice that continually makes us relive problems we are currently experiences, speaking negative voices into our head that seeps into our soul.
The first step to not spreading yourself too thin is to stop the negative thoughts and voices in your head. We waste so much time by dwelling on current obstacles and problems in our lives. We relive hurts more than we relive special, happy moments. I choose today to focus on the good and positive things in my life. I want to stop giving so much of my time and thoughts to the negative. It only brings me down in the end.
Another step was to take a sabatcial or break... Since this isn't an option since I am still teaching and summer is far from here I need to take the time I do have to rest. I feel like I accomplished that today already by taking time to sleep in - Yes I actually planned sleeping in on purpose. Sometimes, even on the weekends, I make myself get up and get to work, which doesn't give me the rest I need. So today I wasn't concerned with the piles of laundry downstairs or any of the other unending household chores. I took time to sleep in and enjoy my morning. Now is the time for renewal in my life. I felt God speaking to my heart and soul the other morning which brought me to tears. I know He is still very present and active in my life - even though I have not been as active with Him. He is back in my life and I am enjoying being back with my best friend. God is sooo good and I am blessed that He loves me regardless of all the other worldly things that I have allowed to drain me down. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment