Friday, April 15, 2011

When God closes one door - He opens a Window!

Sorry it's been a while since I have written but a lot has gone on in the past month. First of all, I have had Titanic rehersal every night until 10:00 or so. This makes for a very tired Emily. On top of that I am into my heavy IEP season, rewriting IEPS and holding meetings frequently. The title of this blog isn't just a good quote. It serves it's purpose in my life right now. A week ago today I turned in my resignation letter resigning from the position of dance coach for the next school year. I just can't put myself through all of that extra stress for 11 months out of the year. I love the girls and the program itself, but there are other factors that make the whole Dance Coach something to love. However ---- even though one door is shut, another has opened it's window! The high school has posted the theater position as an open position for next year. This would be a position to direct the fall play and spring musical. I am considering putting in for this position as it would be more theraputic than stressful for me. We will see what happens!! Not only am I busy with work and the show, I begin my grad classes again for the summer tomorrow morning. I am driving down to Effingham tonight to stay since the class is in Olney from 8-11. I might be a very tired Emily tomorrow as well. When I get home we are having Dad, Lori, Taryn, and Curtis over for dinner and a movie! We are going to watch Burlesque since they havent' seen it yet. :) This week has been a stressful one - which includes having our power shut off because of a phone payment that didn't go through. It was a miserable situation (one that will not be repeated) but I believe it was God's way of telling Chad and I to slow down and just be together. We had to stress together, then get each other through that situation. Our fridge may be empty since we threw away all of our spoiled food, but our hearts are full of love for each other in a marriage that WILL NOT spoil. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the updates. The Theatre position sounds like a really good fit for you! You could do theatre & be paid for it without the 11 o'clock late nights since you could pick the schedule- YAY! Congrats on everything. We're proud of you & miss you both!

    ReplyDelete