Monday, July 11, 2011

If I could do it all again....?

God brings men into deep waters not to drown them, but to cleanse them.
Good morning fellow bloggers! We promised to myself I decided to wake up a little earlier to spend time in my devotional! I had to back up about 6 days to catch up on the new topic which is: Getting a do-over. As females we probably ask ourselves often... "What if I could do that over again?" If you could what would you "re-do? As I was reading through the examples of re-dos that women would like to make I think mine would be looking for God more often.
I was raised in a church setting where we went to church not only on Sundays, but Wednesdays for children's choir, committee meetings during the week, potlucks on various evenings for parenting groups, etc. I was constantly involved throughout my teens years spending 80% of my time with my church friends at youthgroup. Even in the summers I was at church camp counseling or participating. God was an active part of my life and I surrendered my life to Him at an early age of 11 - I truly understood what our relationship was and how much it meant in my life. I was called "Biblegirl" throughout school which at the time wasn't appealing, but now I would be embracing it.
Now that I am out of college a few years and am in a routine called life I feel like my Christian walk has stalled out. As I am emersed in the world through my daily life I keep one eye on God and one eye on the world. This causes conflicting ideas and my relationship can't move forward like it used to. I need both eyes on Jesus. The writer of my devotional puts it best... "The Chrisitian life is like dancing the Texas 2-step (two steps forward, one step back). Eventually you get around the dance floor, but it might take you the entire length of the song. We need to place God as the DJ and change the song to a waltz (forward 1...2....3...)." The dance can be truly beautiful and fun, instead of just fast and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment