Monday, August 8, 2011

Almost through the fog....

As I move through this chapter of my daily devotional "Moving through the fog" I can see the light piercing through the fog. Today's topic was entitled Shave your Legs and Paint your Toenails. After going through a major disappointment that will happen in life to every normal human being (especially women) -- we can join the club of WHEW! (Women who Have Experienced Washout) After going through a disappointment the last step, and most critical, is to get up, shave our legs and paint our toenails. We have to get back out there and not let our disappointment define our future. (Excerpt from the devotional: We must be resilient. We must be open to learning. We must be open to making new mistakes. It's not the failures that will get your in the end --- it's the decision to allow it to limit the future.)
It's the end of summer and I feel that creeping feeling of disappointment.... Disappointment I didn't get more done, disappointment that my relaxation ends, etc. But I have to reflect on all of my accomplishments that I DID get done this summer.
  • Run/Exercise/WeightWatchers - This is one of my disappointments, but an accomplishment as well. I may not be getting into a routine and may have only maintained my weight this summer, but I have been cooking healthy meals at home. I am glad to be cooking at home again - HUGE accomplishement. I enjoy cooking so much and it is definately theraputic.
  • Becoming crafty... nothing new since my last post but I still have the drive and desire to continue this hobby.
  • Project storage room - HALF DONE!!! I worked really hard last week and have started my pile for garage sale. You can see half of the storage room floor again. Things are more organized and on shelves. Go me!
  • Landscaping - Everything is dying due to the heat.... after we were gone on vacation the plants just haven't been the same. But next year I have some ideas.
  • Grad School - FINISHED my class! I begin again next week with The Principalship. Here we go for another fun semester of grad school.
Life this summer has been pretty sweet and I am disappointed to see it end. However I am ready for a new color of toenail polish, some new lotion, and clothes - new school year here we come!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment