Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oh what a beautiful morning... Oh What a Beautiful Day... I've got a beautiful feeling... EVERYTHING's going my way!

Yesterday was a very productive and busy day! I went up to school to work on RtI with Diana for an hour or so. Then I got my oil changed at Miles in Decatur (something that needed to be done 1000 miles ago). During my oil change I watched a thunderstorm rolled in for about 30 minutes. I miss thunderstorms...I like the ones that aren't scary - just a summer storm. At 1:00 I met up with Kathy Bradd, my classroom aide who is now retired. She and I like to catch up once in a while and we did so yesterday at Starbucks. Afterwards I drove to Mt. Zion to Megan's house to drop off stuff and to enjoy a visit. I also stopped to make an eye appointment. I have been squinting on a regular basis to do regular things like watch TV, etc.... So I may need glasses for long distance now. I already have reading glasses for extended reading time - now I may need them for more. We will see after today. I made salmon for dinner. Chad and I enjoyed watching Bachelor Pad while putting up the new fan/light in the living room. Then we enjoyed a bowl of Red Velvet ice cream... YUM!
I began Allegra today to try to head off any allergies coming my way. I think I am late though since I am quite stuffed up already - how did they begin so early this year??!!! I am a little tired this morning also since I stayed up a little later to read more of my amazing book, The Help. I love it the more I read it and can't wait to see the movie when it comes out this week.
In an hour I am heading back up to school to do a training with Phyllis on our new project of the MAP assessment. I think this assessment will help us dramatically with RtI and in the regular classroom as well! :) Another project to spearhead - YEA! Things are just falling into place which is good, but I wonder how long they will stay good. I am always skeptical because it seems when life is full of good things something is waiting. I wish I could shake this mentality but it always plays out this way. Hopefully life will continue being sweet just as it is now....

No comments:

Post a Comment